Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Fuck It Diet Mini-Course - Day 1

A couple of weeks ago, I was listening to a Food Psych podcast, and the guest that day was Caroline Dooner. I had never heard of Caroline Dooner, but she was on the podcast talking about her "diet," the Fuck It Diet. I made a mental note to check it out because it sounded like a very body-positive concept full of things that I really need to learn about and embrace. I have to work on recovery...I am out of other options. As an aside, for anyone who has never listened to Food Psych, it is Christy Harrison's podcast, and she is a registered dietitian and health coach who has really embraced the Health At Every Size concept (I have written about how I am having trouble fully embracing HAES, but a lot of what Christy has to say, as well as what her guests have to say, has been very thought-provoking for me).

Anyway...

The Mini-Course involves ten days of emails with a "lesson" (of sorts) and then a homework assignment. There is also a private Facebook group in which participants can share what they have written and learned, should they so desire. I just received day nine's email today, which means tomorrow is my last day of the Mini-Course mailings, and I have done exactly zero of the lessons. HOWEVER, today I printed out all of the lessons and homework assignments thus far with plans for reading through them in order and starting to do the work. And then probably emailing them to my therapist so that we can talk about it.

Day one's homework was to write a letter to myself from my body. I am not going to share all of what I am going to write here on the blog because I don't want to share information that Caroline spent time developing, but I do want to encourage you to check out The Fuck It Diet for yourself and consider enrolling if  you think it would be useful for you. I also would encourage you to check out Food Psych, especially the current season, which has a lot of people as guests who also embrace the HAES concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment