Thursday, November 5, 2015

I have never met a cafeteria I didn't like...

So here I am, feeling kind of smug because, "Haha, ED, I know you like it when I stuff myself with food, but I am NOT doing that right now." But today brought with it a land mine. Dinner out. Somewhere nice. Where I have not been before. 

I carefully packed my food for today. Baby carrots. One serving of cereal. An apple. Sugar-free Jello. A lite yogurt. Yep, it feels good to have a plan. Tonight might get dicey, but the time leading up to then? Totally under control. 

Ahem. 

So then I made the mistake of going to the cafeteria. I am not working in my usual building today, so I have not been in this cafeteria before. And I have long had a love for cafeterias. I used to live in a state where we had public cafeterias where you could go to eat (early versions of an Old Country Buffet, kind of), and eating there was a treat. So I went to the cafeteria to buy something small...and ended up buying an entire meal. And dessert. 

Dammit. 

And the familiar feeling is back. You already screwed up. You are a pig...no wonder you are so fat. You might as well just eat whatever you want tonight. What else did you expect from yourself?

I hear you, ED. I hear you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment